Residency program for performance artists
OPEN CALL – DEADLINE December 1th 2021 before 23h59
We are looking for artists:
VONK is looking for artists who work on the border between visual art and performance.
Are you a visual artist making the crossover to the performing arts or are you a performance artist who works very visual?
And are you looking for a workspace? Then this open call might interest you.
We offer :
- Free workspace for development, experiment and creation, which ultimately leads to a public presentation.
- A compensation for travel costs and (if needed) a place to sleep.
- Support that can range from broadening your network to artistic reflection, input from a dramaturg and/or financial support.
Once the artist has a finished product, we can look at different possibilities to present it. This within the VONK infrastructure, in the public space, or at one of the VONK partners.
How to apply:
- Website or online documentation material
- Artist statement (max. half A4)
- Motivation (max. half A4)
- Project info (max. 1 A4)
- Your preferred residency period (for example: 4 days/week from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for 3 weeks in September 2021). Residency periods can go from 1 week to maximum 2 months.
Your application should be written in English.
Bundle everything 1 pdf and save it under the title : surname.firstname.residencyprogram.
The selection will be made by an external jury.
Please note that the studio is not technically equipped. We are looking for artists and projects who can present in atypical places where context is more important than technology. The place of residency is VONK_hasselt, Kempische Kaai 85, 3500 Hasselt.